Jaleco Pony Mark III 25

Show off your wares.
o1s1n
eBay: astro_oisin

Re: Jaleco Pony Mark III 25

Post by o1s1n »

Thanks for sorting me out with the ashtray holder Battlesmurf, fits a Taito bucket absolutely perfectly. Cant recommend them enough, great quality.
Pony Bucket.PNG
I did a bit of a ball top / button refresh last night, out with the pink / green and in with something a bit more in line with this cabinet's original flyer.

I have transparent shaft covers to go with the dust covers, but really like the exposed steel... left them off from now but might stick them on this weekend.

Also bought a new LS56 to fix the mismatched sticks but of course forgot to order the matching mounting plate :lol:
Pony iii.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Codiene
eBay: ebayID
Initials: AAS

Post by Codiene »

@o1s1n cab looks really great and that Manga video wall scroll art is very cool too never seen one before. I take it you are a fan of 90s anime then? I think I can make out some of the shows in there. Guyver at the top, Golgo 13, Appleseed and Battle Angel Alita.
o1s1n

Post by o1s1n »

Codiene wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 10:31 pm @o1s1n cab looks really great and that Manga video wall scroll art is very cool too never seen one before. I take it you are a fan of 90s anime then? I think I can make out some of the shows in there. Guyver at the top, Golgo 13, Appleseed and Battle Angel Alita.
Yeah I really love Manga Entertainment releases, dodgy dubs and all in some cases. (Cyber City OEDO being a great example of it done right)

The world has really come to embrace Japanese animation since Pokemon, but before that it was a different thing entirely, often felt almost subversive and dangerous. You really didn't know what you were going to get when you bought a new VHS. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when the BBFC first sat down to certify Urotsukidoji :lol:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Cyber City OEDO is my absolute favourite anime. Still remember the late night Channel 4 showing, still have the TV I watched it on!
Codiene
eBay: ebayID
Initials: AAS

Post by Codiene »

@o1s1n @cools I still have a load of their stuff on vhs stashed somewhere including all 12 episodes of the Guyver that took over a year to track down as I started at episode 10 and the others were already sold out most places, always late to the party 😂

And lolz re Urotsukidoji I’m sure there were a lot of hilarious moments around this time as stuff was filtering through from Japan. The other cyberpunk one that had me going ‘wtf is this some people are wrong in the head’ was Genocyber that was released on VHS in the UK around same time as cyber city oedo.

Wish I still had the CRT I watched them on would be great for retro gaming but it’s long gone.
o1s1n

Post by o1s1n »

Cyber City OEDO has one of the greatest openings of an anime ever, straight into the action, exactly how it should be !

Yeah you know Genocyber is going to be rough when kids literally get machine gunned out of it, in high detail.

I always think it's amazing to imagine a Japanese animator waking up on a Monday, having his coffee & kissing his family goodbye, getting the train into work... sitting down at his station in the office and then painting highly detailed images of a kids legs being blown apart. :-o
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

IMG_20230311_222504.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cocoron
eBay: dr_spengler
Initials: SRK

Post by cocoron »

Needless to say, that these are one of the best looking cabs here. Luckily got a chance to own a Pony Mk. III very soon. :D
Does it take some effort to remove the monitor compared to other machienes?
Opening or removing the control panel first?
o1s1n

Post by o1s1n »

There's an access panel that flips down under the control panel (it's where the speaker is mounted).

You flip this down and you can reach around (!) through it to push a metal bar that opens the control panel lock itself.

The control panel then flips forward and you can remove the glass / bezel to get access to the monitor.

I've never actually rotated the monitor in my one - it came in tate mode and I've kept it that way since! :awe:

Enjoy your cabinet when it arrives, would love to see some photos!
cocoron
eBay: dr_spengler
Initials: SRK

Post by cocoron »

Ah I see, thanks alot.
Sure, I will make some sweet pictures of it. ;)