Gutted EGII To Mame

Show off your wares.
Psykick

Re: Gutted EGII To Mame

Post by Psykick »

Wonderfull job man, personally I'm not into blue, but the craftmanship and perfectionism in your work is highly admirable. I read that you doubted about painting the bezel which in the end you did, but the looks aside, which fit perfectly well with the colouring of the cab, you made a mistake in my opinion. The reason I'm saying this is because the black bezel is there for a reason, it makes you get more contrast from your screen, that's why you always see a black border with every screen or even beamer screen, you get higher contrast and more black. Apart from those minor things which is mainly based on taste I find it a splendid job and more inspiration to continue with my own project! Have fun playing it! ;)
dudley
Please Continue...

Post by dudley »

I don't own a cab yet, just curious on the powering up and down of mame cabs.

Ok, so you have one mains lead going to the computer PSU and another mains lead going to the monitor, right?

My question is how do you turn the case and monitor on at the mains without having to press the pc case power button and the monitors power button also.

And what is that intelli power plug? and how does that help?
Drakon
Please Continue...

Post by Drakon »

looks pretty nice
svensen

Post by svensen »

Yeah very very beautiful and cool the white/blue look.... :awe:
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

dudley wrote:I don't own a cab yet, just curious on the powering up and down of mame cabs.

Ok, so you have one mains lead going to the computer PSU and another mains lead going to the monitor, right?

My question is how do you turn the case and monitor on at the mains without having to press the pc case power button and the monitors power button also.

An intelliplug has one monitored socket - you plug the PC into and it turns the other sockets on/off when you turn the PC on/off so nothing it left in standby.

Turning the PC on can be done in the BIOS look for something like "wake on keypress" or the easiest way is to have a small button connected to the 2-pins that normally connect to the power button on the case then you can turn it on as normal.

Turning off is easy - use shutdown.exe or a frontend that can shutdown the PC on exit (like MAMEWAH)
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
Akuma
Can't stay away from students
eBay: Akuma.from.the.Arcade

Post by Akuma »

penrhos wrote:
dudley wrote:I don't own a cab yet, just curious on the powering up and down of mame cabs.

An intelliplug has one monitored socket - you plug the PC into and it turns the other sockets on/off when you turn the PC on/off so nothing it left in standby.

Turning the PC on can be done in the BIOS look for something like "wake on keypress" or the easiest way is to have a small button connected to the 2-pins that normally connect to the power button on the case then you can turn it on as normal.

Turning off is easy - use shutdown.exe or a frontend that can shutdown the PC on exit (like MAMEWAH)
You can also short the two wires at the ATX harness that go to the pwr switch, this way, the pc goes on when you put the main switch on
Xenepp

Post by Xenepp »

penrhos wrote:Turning off is easy - use shutdown.exe or a frontend that can shutdown the PC on exit (like MAMEWAH)
Or you can just tap the power button, it's the same as clicking "shut down" in XP.

-Joel