CAVE CV1000 Bootlegs

PCB problems and fixes
kazuo

Re: CAVE CV1000 Bootlegs

Post by kazuo »

sven666 wrote: April 7th, 2024, 11:04 am If you cant afford 1500-3000k or whatever for an original youre not gonna spend 1000-1500 on a boot. The sales at that price are just scamming unknowing customers thinking theyre buying originals.
Nobody seriously considering buying a CAVE PCB is thinking they are getting a "deal" on a SDOJ board from China for $1500. They go for $5000+.

I don't know anybody outside of the forums who actually plays CAVE games, let alone wants or owns PCBs of them.
Monstermug wrote: April 7th, 2024, 12:30 pm Talking about bootlegs.. is this an original box or fake.. its available for 35 quid.
It is fake. The color of the cardboard is different, and the feel of it is different as well. Also has "tamper" seals that leave VOID printed on them (which the originals don't have) so you can easily distinguish them from real boxes.
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

I don't know anyone who even knows what Cave is, maybe some Steam weebs know Touhou. Even back in the day when the ports were hitting the 360 and felt like a golden age it was niche as hell. A lot of the people who collect boards now (collecting, not still owning them) are the same **** who were collecting complete NES/SNES/US Saturn stuff in 2015. That stuff isn't really cool anymore so now they moved on to more exotic stuff, and PCBs are basically the end of the line. These people don't actually enjoy games and probably can't play them for ****, but they can afford to buy them all and good for them.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Still no shortage of people watching his page now for the next batch I'd say !

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

NASguy wrote: April 11th, 2024, 6:24 am A lot of the people who collect boards now (collecting, not still owning them) are the same **** who were collecting complete NES/SNES/US Saturn stuff in 2015. That stuff isn't really cool anymore so now they moved on to more exotic stuff, and PCBs are basically the end of the line. These people don't actually enjoy games and probably can't play them for ****, but they can afford to buy them all and good for them.
Could you provide some examples? Because this is a pretty wild assumption!
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I'll take a CV1000 multi please Bob.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

SuperPang wrote: April 11th, 2024, 1:00 pm
NASguy wrote: April 11th, 2024, 6:24 am A lot of the people who collect boards now (collecting, not still owning them) are the same **** who were collecting complete NES/SNES/US Saturn stuff in 2015. That stuff isn't really cool anymore so now they moved on to more exotic stuff, and PCBs are basically the end of the line. These people don't actually enjoy games and probably can't play them for ****, but they can afford to buy them all and good for them.
Could you provide some examples? Because this is a pretty wild assumption!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

I was collecting nes/snes and saturn stuff in 2015 so... ? :roll: wasent aware it isnt cool anymore tho, guess I gotta re-evaluate my life choices.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

sven666 wrote: April 11th, 2024, 7:35 pm I was collecting nes/snes and saturn stuff in 2015 so... ? :roll: wasent aware it isnt cool anymore tho, guess I gotta re-evaluate my life choices.
I’ve never been cool, which is cool 8-)
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

Oh didn't notice, Pang? I'm sure you noticed when members with 3 posts show up here to flip Cave boards in recent years. Who do you think their customers are? Are any old members here paying 5k for a SDOJ board? I doubt that.

There are a lot of rich zoomers and boomers buying PCBs now, arcade projects is chock full of them, they are educated by reddit and wikipedia, they watch Youtubers like that **** Electric Underground (who is disliked on shmups forum for mining content for his videos) and many of them were into retro collecting specifically from Youtubers like MetalJesus types.

This is really one of the more sane places left disconnected from that garbage.
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

Hear hear, NASguy!
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

markedkiller78 wrote: April 11th, 2024, 9:52 pm
sven666 wrote: April 11th, 2024, 7:35 pm I was collecting nes/snes and saturn stuff in 2015 so... ? :roll: wasent aware it isnt cool anymore tho, guess I gotta re-evaluate my life choices.
You know we still love you, right?
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Post by ChrisBEANS »

markedkiller78 wrote: April 11th, 2024, 9:52 pm
You ruined it by saying it’s cool. That’s uncool.

Now that I’ve dethroned a cool person, I must be inherently cool, right? Wait…
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

thread is starting to remind me of this gem.. :
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

jimmerd wrote: April 7th, 2024, 4:14 pm I've bought some other items from this seller in the past without any issue.
At the time I noticed they had various professionally reworked boards - although these new items seem to be a step further.. so I'm fairly sure these are re-createdPCB's and not some old stock.
Now confirmed it's a newly manufactured PCB.. over on Arcade Projects.
"Please contact the local attendant"
needaes
eBay: need40180

Post by needaes »

Hello Team Cave 😁

Dfk 1.0 recovered yesterday.
It must be admitted that the PCB is almost identical to a CV-1000D
But we clearly recognize that it is a replica.

As for the game itself, I can tell you that it's going well, I've certainly never owned a DFK 1.0 so I can't compare with the real game, but frankly knowing version 1.5 very well I think that it is identical.

Honestly I'm going to get a DFK BL which I like less and which for me the price is outrageous (4/5000€).

If you want to test rare and expensive Cave games at a “fair” price, go for it before its converts disappear.
you never know with ebay…..

Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

So, anyone picked up SDOJ ? Would love to hear some impressions :)