CAVE CV1000 Bootlegs

PCB problems and fixes
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: CAVE CV1000 Bootlegs

Post by markedkiller78 »

The 1:1 thing is the big bit. If they end up like PGM conversions, I’ll buy the whole set and still not play them
thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

Haha 😜 that’s the problem, you have the lot you play none… just get your favourite,,,

Let’s be honest, Cave games are great but all very similar.

Shoot, laser, bomb and hold laser to go slo mo.

I am saying this because I had about 8 at one time and ended up playing Strikers or something because I had too much choice.
Last edited by thegreathopper on April 7th, 2024, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

markedkiller78 wrote: April 7th, 2024, 1:07 pm The 1:1 thing is the big bit. If they end up like PGM conversions, I’ll buy the hole set and still not play them
Spot on.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

Jan wrote: April 7th, 2024, 1:04 pm
Monstermug wrote: April 7th, 2024, 12:55 pm Thank you for clarifying. We are quite similar then. I can afford a farrari but instead i bought mx5 because it almost does the same thing if u have good imgination.
If that mx5 offers the same handling, sound and performance as the Ferrari, I would probably do that, yes, because that is why a driver buys a Ferrari, not for the image and prestige.

In all honesty it does not compare. I just have good imagination.
Last edited by Monstermug on April 7th, 2024, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

More than you can afford pal!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Monstermug
eBay: Monstermug
Initials: SON

Post by Monstermug »

100% ;)
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

I'm just hoping this puts an end to sacrificing DFK PCBs. That's just nuts!
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Are these parts readily available or is it some warehouse leftover batch that will eventually run out? If so i can see this going the way the atomiswave bootlegs went, those were suddenly gone and now go for 5x what they sold for on ali
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Collectors won't buy bootlegs even if inconvenience factors of the original are patched out by the bootleggers. Just look at DOJ BL. True collectors would rather have an original that might suicide at any moment than one with a ROM that can live on without a battery switch. Even if the battery is likely to harm the hardware beyond repair. It's the magic of the original. Bootlegs might walk, talk and smell identical to the original, but it won't have a soul. The soul is what collectors pay for.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Monstermug wrote: April 6th, 2024, 6:11 pmThose that buy these will always be the ones that cant afford the original anyway. Its been historically proven.

:lol:

That's some big tymer logic.
Neo'nate
eBay: fleebay
Initials: NJP

Post by Neo'nate »

Jan wrote: April 7th, 2024, 11:31 am Oh I can see someone paying 1000€ for a sdoj rather than paying like 4000€ ( don‘t know the market „value“ atm), or 500-800€ for a Akai rather than 3000€, if it is 1:1.

If you are in for gaming ( not collecting or investing) and pcb only, who cares, you won’t see the pcb in your cab anyway. Hello PGM Conversions. Speaking of these, how did these impact the price of the originals again? Can‘t remember ;)
I'm with Jan on this, yes it's important that quality is 1:1, but I own some of the ports on 360 etc and the 'feel' is just not the same. There's little chance of being able to own SDOJ at 4/6K original - every time I build up the funds, 'life' bites you in the **** - usually the car . . . so being able to run SDOJ in a cab does excite me. I know the 360 port of SDOJ is not perfect, but more than this it's the feel/experience of running it actually on a cab that's the draw so can totally get on board with this idea of a hack/boot however you want to term it. . . anyways . . .wheres a link :lol:
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

I've bought some other items from this seller in the past without any issue.
At the time I noticed they had various professionally reworked boards - although these new items seem to be a step further.. so I'm fairly sure these are re-createdPCB's and not some old stock.
"Please contact the local attendant"
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

Can't afford a multi-thousand dollar PCB or not nearly stupid enough to buy something so trivial to life? I can live with either

M2 has achieved 100% emulation, they literally recode the PCB in their custom engine for PS4. Any title they put out is already a definitive version, they even have settings to fix errors or allow them. Their ports are better than running a supergun setup on an HDTV. I would still rather have a board in a cab, but most people don't even have cabs they are buying boards to run on line doublers so they aren't even getting an authentic experience.
sven666
eBay: sven-666
Initials: JNX

Post by sven666 »

..yeah but the slowdown on stage 4s final boss pattern runs a little diffrent to the pcb therefore its garbage!
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

Unplayable!!!
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

SuperPang wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:33 pm I think a multi is still a way off, but I’d buy one for convenience.
No, I think not. I wouldn't be surprised if it's already finished or they're working on it.
You'll need 32gbit nand to hold all 19 (or 20?) titles, and there are 16gbits tssops48 available for like 15 euro, so you wont even need to go the darksoft way of flashing a memory from a SD storage each time you swap games. You'll just read the next adress in memory when selecting a game. Instant release. :whoopsie: The rest is just sw and logic to handle the bitstream and add a menu on top of that.

Pandoras box has been opened.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

yeah but no one wants to be playing crouching tiger hidden akai katan + !! or whatever abominations they come up with ! :P

I've no skin in this game on any of these cave games and all that, but all these multis* has ruined the hobby for me *(I say that as someone who has 2 :shifty: :lol: and I do see the good in them as well )

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

I could have use for a Mushihimesama DOA Xtreme.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

:lol: now i could get on board with that

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

If they can get the multiboard out I'll gladly pay 1k for all the Cave titles it runs, then after a few months of playing each game for 30 mins a piece I'll sell it to buy new speakers.