Various unlisted cabinets and others (pics/flyer)

Show off your wares.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions
Re: Various unlisted cabinets and others (pics/flyer)

Post by pubjoe »

Funny little Jaleco thing on YHA at the moment.

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/japan/en/au ... 129770468/
Google Translate wrote:This is a Jaleco mini upright housing.
I think it's probably a modified version of the shoot competition casing.
IMG_4779.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

:awe: its only at 90eur joe buy it !

i also see a circumcised SNK SC-19 :D

IMG_20240408_191704.jpg
Added for ref
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

geotrig wrote: April 8th, 2024, 11:04 am really are funky , i also like the taito one with the wrap around metal thing. Yeah im great at describing things :lol:
TAITOMBjpg.jpg
I think its meant you can hang yourself in your salaryman tie when you choke on that final boss 1cc.

"don't bother coming in tomorrow"
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

geotrig wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:52 pmi also see a circumcised SNK SC-19 :D
:lol:
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

banpresto.jpg
a banpreto one similar to the above, probably all just dagashi cabs

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Tengu
eBay: wiki contrib

Post by Tengu »

@aerobert spot on for the bart simpson vid & the robot flashing eyes !
@geotrig nice analogy for the sc-19 eheh

*weird SEGA cab: seems like a lava clone but fitted with a wheel ?... a flight stick?... pic is too low quality to guess more, the description didn't say much either ( late 1983, SEGA & Esco Trading booth at AM show ) as they mention Star Blazer and Up'n Downgames being demoed, but also SG1000 system being introduced. Up'n Down was played with a joystick , but demoed and released on T-13 cocktail anyways. Star Blazer? marquee resembles more Zoom909's poster (1982) if you look well, but the final marquee doesn't look like it. Can't find the cab in SEGA's arcade history either (dropped prototype?). Could it be a racing car viewed from behind that's depicted in said marquee (maybe for Sega's "GP world" soon to be released in 1984 but it could be a bit early for a demo)...any ideas?

zooming in :

*Nichibutsu's round cocktail cab intrigues a lot of people. One must admit it's a nice design : fun fact some japanese guy on twitter who extensively posts about arcades claims in a post "what you see in catalogs & flyers was just a (graphic) mockup, it never was released". Needless to say he was dead wrong!
Other fun fact : the 1986 japanese flyer for Amazon Soldier (i.e. "Amatelass") by Nichibutsu shows on the bottom right said round cocktail, but oddly it lacks any action button on the panel other than the p1&p2 start buttons top left if you look well. Exact same cab promo pic was used over and over for various ads & articles in Japan.

here's the cab being presented supposedly for the 1st time at a convention:
aerobert

Post by aerobert »

That Amazon Soldier flyer makes me tingle. :awe:

I tried looking into that cabinet and marquee because I was intrigued but failed to find much at the moment.

I did however find an interesting year book that contained a lot of cool information and picures. Among them the Sega Chan robot. 80 and 82 is also available but not 84 unfortunately.
https://archive.org/details/1983-83-198 ... -yearbook/
https://archive.org/details/1982-82-198 ... -yearbook/
aerobert

Post by aerobert »

Starblazer demo from said 1983 show.
aerobert

Post by aerobert »

A lot better picture

Zoom 909 is played with a joystick. It's not a bad guess it could be a demo for GP World. It does look similar to a race vehicle.
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

thanks @aerobert !

I'll have to dig deeper to find out what that sega cab was.

The '82 yearbook gives info on what is really tehkan "color lava" in the Swimmer game ad:
regular lava type is "woodgrain" type (on the sides) ,
"color lava " has ivory sides & green paint instead on lower housing parts made of steel sheet.
It's NOT the "new lava type" with larger dimensions which appeared a bit later.
Kind of confusing since the color lava looks larger on the ad.
The real "new lava" is also ivory on the sides with bright colors for the steel housing, you can see it on the 83 flyer

(83 flyer which was added to wiki: (regular lava)/color lava is (D)650 x (W)600 x (H) 1110-1250 mm, while the "new lava" from 83 is (D)654 x (W)634 x (H) 1110-1250 mm))

83 yearbook has a nanao cocktail it seems
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

A couple pics/flyers I just added to the wiki :
* rare appearance of Konami's Plasma Display cab at a location test for Gradius IV in Japan :

*Taito D3BOS official presentation vid (screencaps are enough imo given it's just a couple secs long) , it's a prototype really but it wasn't mentioned by the person who reposted the vid (surprisingly on linkedin), I noticed the door design has been completely revised for the final release from a regular lateral hinged door to a gull wing design; the cabin's axis of rotation is also revised and rotated 90° . The initial door was deemed probably too cumbersome/heavy and even potentially a liability for the user when being closed and or in motion :

compare to final release:

*found a dedicated flyer for the 4 player ''namco arena sight'' cab which features a hefty additional foorest on which are fastened 3 stools (1x 2player stool in the center + a single player stool on each side)
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/5/5 ... _flyer.jpg

*2 extra ''capcom new concept 2'' flyers which (again) don't mention the "2". They weren't very clear with the naming on that series tbh and led to a lot of confusion.

Not yet added to wiki (daisho shokai section not yet created, will do soon enough...) :

*Daisho Shokai's "Mirror 26 QP" cab flyer (same company who did the Tenga cabs & SNK neo 50 variants) ! Same display tech as the ultra rare Taito Teatro EX amongst others :

*Casio "Diagonal Table" cab. Can it really be considered -cocktail- type since the player cannot place any drinks on the glass plate above the monitor? Plus the monitor seems definitely positioned at a fixed angle unlike say the adjustable SNK MV25TA-0. There's still room to place a mug on the side though :
Last edited by Tengu on April 28th, 2024, 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

Daisho Shokai "Mirror 26" zoomed in :
notice the old style cup holder in the vein of early snk cabs.
Seems the panel layout is similar to what was found on cabs a la capcom status etc with P1's button row angled in a way that's not the most comfortable.

main claims on the flyer:
* 26" diag pic reflected from a Nanao 18" monitor
* service door + monitor installed on rails for ease of maintenance, which can be done entirely from the front
* mirror tech gives impression of increased depth
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Wow, that's some fancy engineering behind that cabinet.
darko111
eBay: darko471
Initials: LUC

Post by darko111 »

geotrig wrote: March 27th, 2024, 11:51 am Its a pity many of these bigger cabs are pretty much lost now ...even the more popular ones ,havent seen sight or sound of a megalo in years now as well
yep, some are so impressive in style (except the euro megalo upfront..), from Paris LTDN, we saved 3 sega megalo2, i love them and searching thru net/twitter to visualize some more

the Nichibutsu table cocktail is a long time dream too.. hoping one day doing a bootleg form..
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Very cool pics! Mirror 26 would be a dream find.

Tengu wrote: April 27th, 2024, 11:53 pmnotice the old style cup holder in the vein of early snk cabs.

Ash tray holder ;)
o1s1n
eBay: astro_oisin

Post by o1s1n »

Those ashtray holders are interesting, look to have a bit of a break in the loop part?

The control panels look to have a reverse version of the SNK 'dong' layout.
SC19_CPO.jpg
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

Mirror 26 looks easy to move with a low center of gravity, but any spills would go straight down to the monitor. Cool cab though for sure, very compact.
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

nem wrote: April 29th, 2024, 2:05 pm Very cool pics! Mirror 26 would be a dream find.

Tengu wrote: April 27th, 2024, 11:53 pmnotice the old style cup holder in the vein of early snk cabs.

Ash tray holder ;)
Indeed! this being said the way old panels in Japan ended up looking they didn't use said ashtrays regularly...
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

o1s1n wrote: April 29th, 2024, 3:01 pm Those ashtray holders are interesting, look to have a bit of a break in the loop part?

The control panels look to have a reverse version of the SNK 'dong' layout.

SC19_CPO.jpg
well mirror 26 's p2 layout looks like a reverse snk sc series layout, but the angle on p1 button cluster looks like capcom status & new concept 2l3b type layout, just with the start button close to / just above the action buttons (too close , a bit goofy imho)

real hard given the low res pic + perspective but I have the impression something like this is going on :

Tengu

Post by Tengu »

'93 ad for T-Box aka ''Tokyo Box'' (which some in the west call ''Tokyo Chassis'' ) T-25 & T-29 cabs, clones of konami domy jr; iirc some cabs from the same company were flexed on this thread. The one advertised in the pic below doesn't look like the 25" cab nor the 33" one, so it could be the 29" / T-29 model

another 1993 ad for Tokyo Box gear...bartops! the models with a smaller monitor appear to be modular :