Share your supergun or console port setups!

Show off your wares.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Share your supergun or console port setups!

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Not everyone has a cab. :( But we still play arcade stuff on superguns and/or good ports on consoles. So share your little TATE corner or whatever you have. There's no need to ashamed. 8-)

---

Here's my setup for the weekend. I plan on beating the game on ultra hard with a few characters without using any continues.

It's a 40" Mitsubishi XP-4015C 4:3 plasma monitor and I'm running Tekken from namCollection on the Playstation 2. Currently using an upscaler by Cinemateq to hook it all up but that might change in the near future. I put up a Tekken **** on top of the monitor for extra flair. :whoopsie:

These old plasmas (mine was manufactured in August 1998) don't reproduce blacks well. Instead, they show up as dark grey. Saturation also seems to be a little problematic. Games with muted colours look the best. Because of these shortcomings I've adjusted the image to have much lower contrast to what I'm used to on CRTs. I like the results enough to not even miss scanlines. So sharp yet so soft. :whoopsie:

Here are some screenshots of the action:

---

Will continue playing Tekken once I get a copy of Tekken 5 for the PS2 with the arcade port. Now I'm playing SOTN in Richter Mode. 8-)

Same setup as with Tekken above.
Last edited by LEGENOARYNINLIA on August 28th, 2014, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emulation's nice when done well
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Re: Share your supergun or console port setups!

Post by crunchywasp »

Very nice setup 8-)

Here are a few bad phone pics of my konsole korner and supergun setup:

It's a bit of a shambles, a little dusty and really disorganised at the mo. I'm not a collector so don't have shelves full of boxed games or anything and everything I do have is just a bit of a jumble or stored away elsewhere in boxes.

I set up Tekken 3 especially for you TRK :whoopsie: I've no loincloth though :(

My TV's a 32" Toshiba. Although it's far too big and bulky it does have a lovely picture and I'm loathe to replace it with anything else.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

Mmm, that looks.. kozy. :whoopsie:

Why would you want to replace such a lovely telly if it suits your needs? :)
crunchywasp wrote: I set up Tekken 3 especially for you TRK :whoopsie: I've no loincloth though :(
But did you play it? :awe:

I'm still getting raped by Heihachi on ultra hard... :(
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

It is kozy :hinthint:

I do really like the telly but it's huge. Something more compact would be nice but unless I find a good PVM or something locally (probably unlikely) then I'll keep it for the foreseeable.

I did actually play T3 but just on default/normal difficulty. It's been a while but I played it right through without losing a round and with more perfects than not. It sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet but it really is just far too easy on normal and you can breeze through it in minutes. I'm not sure what difficulty levels are selectable on the PCB. I've never played it on anything other than normal as I usually only play it in 2P with my bro, albeit infrequently :(

I should play more Tekken actually. T3 used to be one of my favourites but I fell out with the franchise later. I did like the yodelling sheep level in 6 though.

Have fun getting boned by Heihachi.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

I did finally do it with Kazuya ( :fastlove: ) but haven't been able to beat the game with anyone else.

I also fell out with Tekken at some point. These days I only care about the first two games. I don't even recognise the latest games to be in the same series. Instead of the same old with more bling they should have kept the direction from 4.

Hmm, I need to get a **** for 2. :think:
speedlolita
eBay: speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

http://i.imgur.com/Xl6axXS.jpg"

Rather modest.

The desk doubles as a workstation for modding - I tend to only have one console set up at a time though.
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

Great thread :thumbupright:

Don't get me wrong owning a cab is pretty amazing but its about enjoying games be this via cabs, control boxes, original PCB's, home ports or emulation and spending time with family/friends and meeting new people too.

My Control box and console set up is basically one side of my games room, the other side has the 4 cabs.

I have 2 storage units from Ikea http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/produ ... #/80275887" which are placed side by side and horizontally. IMHO this works really well as they are pretty much the perfect height for TV gaming so with the top in effect acting as a desk and as the depth is wide enough for two rows of games it means I can cram more into the room whilst still keeping things organised and tidy. One unit houses my arcade games and the other unit houses my console games.

I use two 14" Sony Trinitron KV-14LT1U CRT TV's and also a 13" Sharp AQUAS LC-13S1E LCD TV. I'm always on the look out for a second identical sharp set to go next to the one I already have. I run PCB's by a Sigma AV6000, Sigma AV7000, Sigma Raijin, Special version of the Combo AV and probably my fave the Vega 9000DX. Console wise, one way or another (other than PS3 and this anything this gen) I pretty much have all bases covered in a mixture of pal, NTSC-J and NTSC-U flavours. Because space is at a premium most of my consoles, sticks and a lot of the games cannot be stored in the room.

Here are a few old photos sorry but I can't be asred to get the camera out

As demonstrated by my glamorous assistant Ralph
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

Bee Storm and Snow Brothers, brilliant arcade gaming taste sir :awe:
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'

Post by crunchywasp »

Fantastic setup Paul. I always admire your gamesroom and wish mine was as neat and tidy when I see your pics. It looks like a great place to relax and enjoy some games.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

Two matching TVs on top of two storage units that fit perfectly into the space. Two thumbs up! :thumbup: 8-) :thumbupright:
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Fantastic setup Paulie - even more awesome (if that's possible) in reality!!!!

In terms of consoles and superguns, I'm very much a "get-it-out-and-put-it-away-again" kinda operator so, sadly, my hardware doesn't really lend itself to this thread!

I can't wait to see others' set-ups though.

Cheers,

Ralph.
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

Paulie wrote: Image
That really is a rather nice setup you have. :thumbup: :-D :thumbupright:

I'd love to visit and play some games, but I fear that I'd be done for kidnapping of your Yoshi! :awe:
I Got PAID...
ウィッグスプリッター - スーパーガレージゲームセンター。
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

Still got my rather sketchy Vogatek MK1 - DC Stick - Supergun setup: (apologies to those who got mild electrocution on that awesome day in neath! :awe: )

And also still loving my b'day pressie (i added the messy wiring afterwards..) from a while ago! I know that emulation is as good as the real thing, but I've still got a soft spot for original HW being adapted:
I Got PAID...
ウィッグスプリッター - スーパーガレージゲームセンター。
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

wigsplitta wrote:I'd love to visit and play some games
You are more than welcome whenever you are around these parts :)
wigsplitta wrote:I fear that I'd be done for kidnapping of your Yoshi! :awe:
No need for kidnapping, I have an identical (but half the size of the Yoshi in the photo) that I have no space to display, Drop me a pm with your address and I'll forward it on to you mate :)
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Paulie, don't you get a bad neck playing or do the sticks normally sit in your lap?
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

I always put the sticks on my lap when I play, Ralph's a bit more hardcore than me.

I use one of Franco's JAMMA extension looms whenever I play on the 2P control boxes. The extra length is handy as the supplied looms don't quite give enough 'slack' between the PCB and control box when they are rested on my lap.
o1s1n
eBay: astro_oisin

Post by o1s1n »

We bought a house recently, so it's finally allowed me to take everything out of several storage locations and start playing it all! :)

Here it is when I first moved in, the horror!!

Tore out that ugly **** closet and managed to clean it up a bit since then. Also developed a CRT fetish...

Some of my games. Been using Billy Bookcases - yes, I'm a numpty and put the middle shelf on one of them in backwards :D

Actually speaking of dual CRTs, since then I've managed to included a PS1 link cable setup. Definitely worth it if you have a room with multiple televisions. The cost in minimal and it's great craic.
Paulie

Post by Paulie »

That's a rather fine set up that you have there sir :awe:
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

Great stuff. I'd love to have a link cable setup for the PS1 or Saturn. 8-)
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat