Items spotted on eBay

Business sales and auction links.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com
eBay: chrismartinlewis
Initials: BNS

Re: Items spotted on eBay

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Pete wrote: November 14th, 2023, 6:48 pm I can't stand the sequel personally it just tries too hard to be all fancy the first is so much better.
Whoa there!!! I love RODA!! One of the best beat em ups there is!!

I mean, it’s worth about £1400 less than this listing, but I genuinely think a great game and worthy sequel.

It’s actually one of the handful of PCBs I have and one of the first that was on my list, and I’ve only just bought the original to go with it (System 16 multi, but really only bought for GA).

If I could only pick one of them, I’m choosing RODA over GA every time.

Great fun in multi player too. If only I had friends to play with :cry:
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

still dont understand this game being worth more than 200 quid and thats been generous ! :lol:
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

geotrig wrote: November 15th, 2023, 8:35 am still dont understand this game being worth more than 200 quid and thats been generous ! :lol:
I think it’s down to it not being super common, and the simple fact prices have gone mental, rather than anything else… but it’s still a top 5 arcade beat em up.
Controversial, but I reckon much better than Final Fight!
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

I've finally made my piece with Final Fight and am in the "I like it camp " for what it is for now , this has changed many times over the years !! with more hate than love from me for it but it does have great Art style/ setting etc and its Iconic , game play a bit repetitive at times (I'm still on the early 2000's -2010'ss price of 60-70 quid for it as well :lol: !) , I'd agree the RODA is better than it hands down but not known played by many some of it looks and plays great but I do only have limited playing of it to be fair ,from memory and its hard to explain for me the characters seemed disconnected from the background if that makes since at times. Its a game I'd like to spend more time on but never had the draw to own it either.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

Get yourself over the water and come play!!

I’d love to have a proper four player game on dual screens…

I’m all set up to do it, but I’d need 300% more friends than I currently have :cry:
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

:lol: have done my new way of reliving and playing games and watched a youtube play through (and seeing way more of the game than i would ever manage on playing ) , Ok I'm eating my words, something still looks off for me at times but it does look fun way better than i imagined.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

I guess your best bet would be to check if it works on fightcade and meet up there.
Edit: i guess that would be 2 player only? :( i'd fancy a four player game of this too but i wouldnt know if its possible in any way
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

arcnl wrote: November 15th, 2023, 7:05 pm I guess your best bet would be to check if it works on fightcade and meet up there.
Edit: i guess that would be 2 player only? :( i'd fancy a four player game of this too but i wouldnt know if its possible in any way
It’s super simple! The PCB has headers for controls for players 3 and 4, there’s an adapter so that you can use DB15 controllers on those headers, and you can change the game to run as 2 or 4 player in the service menu.
Chuck in an Extron (currently untested) to split the signal to two screens and avoid lap sitting, and you’re good to go.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

ChrisBEANS wrote: November 16th, 2023, 12:32 am
arcnl wrote: November 15th, 2023, 7:05 pm I guess your best bet would be to check if it works on fightcade and meet up there.
It’s super simple! The PCB has headers for controls for players 3 and 4, there’s an adapter so that you can use DB15 controllers on those headers, and you can change the game to run as 2 or 4 player in the service menu.
Chuck in an Extron (currently untested) to split the signal to two screens and avoid lap sitting, and you’re good to go.
Yeah i know, i meant i'd love to play it in 4 player but realistically seen that would only happen online since i don't know 4 people that are interested in playing this that would be on the same geographical location on any time. So, a way to do it online, but that doesn't seem possible either.

Either way, sorry for derailing this topic, carry on :)
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

haha we're derailed enough as is i must start looking into a fighcade setup as it looks great for sf etc if nothing.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

As we are wildly off topic, just to put a cap on this little derail… I put an hour into RODA today and I think the reason I enjoy it so much is that the attacks are so satisfying.
There’s plenty more going on with the aesthetic, characters, moves, monsters to ride etc, all good, but it’s the attacks that make it… there’s a ‘weight’ to them.
RE4Merchant
eBay: Jack_Burton99
Initials: CS

Post by RE4Merchant »

RODA was one of the games I missed in the arcade, when I finally got around to playing it via emulation I was blown away.

The only criticism I would level against it, is the poor character selection. 'Stern' is essentially Ax Battler but the rest of them are boring even though they play fine.

I would agree about the weight of the attacks and the feel of the game - it's excellent. Esepcially when you roast the enemies alive with magic!

Sorry for the further digression.
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

The music in the first game had some incredible tunes & even when I hear it now it brings the memoirs the sequel not so.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Pete wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 7:56 pm The music in the first game had some incredible tunes & even when I hear it now it brings the memoirs the sequel not so.
Don't ever go near the soundtrack of Golden Axe: The Duel unless you want to cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuacIH70PSM

I warned you.
Pete
Retired

Post by Pete »

I always thought the title sequence was much more dramatic too
o1s1n
eBay: astro_oisin

Post by o1s1n »

ChrisBEANS wrote: November 16th, 2023, 12:32 am
Did someone say lap sitting? :hinthint:

I'd be up for joining this multiplayer RODA in whatever ethereal realm it seems to be taking place.

Fantastic game, I'm also one of those people who never played it in an arcade. I remember years and years ago seeing it on MAME and clicking in out of curiosity and then having my mind melted.
Pete
Retired

Post by Pete »

I did actually complete it back in the day at my local corner shop 2p in a woodie cab @ 30p a credit.
ChrisBEANS
moneyspendingexpert.com

Post by ChrisBEANS »

This is so ridiculous I don’t know where to begin???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305343152247 ... media=COPY
Neo Gold
eBay: neo$gold
Initials: N$G

Post by Neo Gold »

Again... Greedy idiots.
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Dude is just ahead of the times, in a few years you'll classify this as bargain.