Locating stuff on Yahoo Auctions Japan

Business sales and auction links.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
o1s1n
eBay: astro_oisin

Re: Locating stuff on Yahoo Auctions Japan

Post by o1s1n »

It does depend on what you're looking for. High ticket items you won't get any bargains these days, so say goodbye to cheap arcade PCBs.

For consoles and games you might still get a bargain here and there.. but with the hassle of using a proxy service and the fees they incur there's probably no point.

I still browse it now and again just to see what might pop up. (it's been a few years since I've actually bought anything though!)
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

o1s1n wrote: February 22nd, 2024, 11:57 am It does depend on what you're looking for. High ticket items you won't get any bargains these days, so say goodbye to cheap arcade PCBs.

For consoles and games you might still get a bargain here and there.. but with the hassle of using a proxy service and the fees they incur there's probably no point.

I still browse it now and again just to see what might pop up. (it's been a few years since I've actually bought anything though!)
It's crazy how there's just no safe spaces left out there anymore online, back in the day you could leave ebay and go to a local flea market, or YAJ, or a forum and now they are all the same most of the time, someone anywhere on Earth will be trying to price gouge their special item. The years I spent in the Nippon or took vacays there I got spoiled shopping in stores where they basically couldnt give some things away, it was junk, got entire games for $1. Take junk online now it's top dollar, even the local stores there know the foreign resellers that buy all their boards to flip. I would still take a trip there with 10k spending money if I wanted to buy a PCB collection and you'd get way more for the money. I still find deals shopping music stores or using ebay for albums, but damn gaming is like one giant overpriced flea market dealer.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Japanese Yen being really cheap has made YJ shopping decent again.

From Japan is really good with a 300 jpy flat fee commission.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

I hate that they always "pay" For internal shipping when it's offered free on items but outside of that they are great and you can ammend invoice price
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

Japanese yen might be cheap but sellers still charge you EMS for one item :lol: To USA it's a pain paying $18 to ship a CD. Even on Discogs the J-sellers do it.

I've dealt with auction middle man services many times, it's never quite as cheap in the end when everything is tallied up, if you are literally making 1k orders good for you but I'm assuming most people are buying a book, a game, some figures, a CD etc. maybe worth it if it's all from one seller. But when I see these same things on ebay it becomes easier and not much more doing domestic dealings with cheaper shipping. Plus on new items playasia or cdjapan stock literally everything you don't even need to be on the street in Japan anymore to buy boxes of Japanese plastic.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

geotrig wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 7:46 pm I hate that they always "pay" For internal shipping when it's offered free on items but outside of that they are great and you can ammend invoice price

That's odd. Pretty sure I haven't had to pay any extra shipping costs.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Any other service let you mark down value like from Japan does ? sometimes finding stuff that they cant or wont bid on so looking at other options ?
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

I think you'd have to ask an individual account holder to slip in the proxy dodgers.

Sometimes a proxy buys an ebay item from me. Most hassle-free sales imaginable. On YHA they make a huge difference to the winning bid amount. I don't get it. Maybe YHA proxies are somehow a pain in the **** or maybe it's devoted xenophobia.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Didnt realise ebay had proxies buying stuff as well ,cool. yeah not sure what the issues is in most cases and FJ seem to have a few more restictions ....these are mostly car parts I'm looking at :P to be fair.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Ahh, I thought you were just referring to sellers blocking proxies.

Does FJ outright refuse? I'm sure I read in their FAQ that you can email them to request items that fall outside standard.

Aah, I dunno tbh. Can't help you.