Naomi universal restoration colours

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
ZedEx48K
Naomi universal restoration colours

Post by ZedEx48K »

Was wondering if anyone knew of the original or likewise colours from a shop (UK please, places like Halfords etc) to respray the white metal and plastic work (I'm not so bothered about re-powder coating the metal with it being for home use) and a grey to match the leg covers/bezel areas, my main concern with doing this is not to have too many layers of primer/paint/lacquer that will help to lose the definition of the cab (I've seen quite a few bad resprays where they've mad them look like a fat chicks neck folds). Also what is a good filler to use on the plastic, I was thinking about car body filler unless there is some better stuff for plastic?

Thanks.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Naomi universal restoration colours

Post by cools »

Appliance white for the metalwork.
Clean and polish the plastics (threads are on here somewhere detailing this - think Paulie did a sterling job on one)
Strip and polish/brush finish the aluminium leg covers

If the plastic has holes that need filling then spray with the same stuff you used on the metalwork. If the bezel's got holes... Hmm.
ninn
TheRedKnight's Lover
eBay: 8bitbitch

Post by ninn »

If you completely respray it, the colors dont have to fit, since you will get a new color anyway. :eh:

If you want to partly repair, the actual color is surely indidual to your cab (due to smoke, dirt, sun/UV+, discolorisation in general) -> match color with a color chart.
Randy and Candy.
currently lazy. must not buy games!
ZedEx48K

Post by ZedEx48K »

Cheers Cools but polishing isn't an option (retrobrite might stand a chance), but given I want to fix some imperfections/chips/scrapes spraying will be needed, same with the leg covers, being soft metal they have took some scrapes over the years.

Ninn, I know I will get a new colour, but it would be nice to get it near what it was originally, hey purple will be an all colour match! Also why would I want to match sun/fag smoke off white orange???? :roll:
ninn
TheRedKnight's Lover

Post by ninn »

i can not follow.

do you want to repaint it completely or repair chipped of paint? :eh:
For the former: Get yourself a color chart .
For the later: give someone else a color chart.

:awe:
Randy and Candy.
ninn
TheRedKnight's Lover

Post by ninn »

RAL 1014: sun fag burn off white orange. :roll:
Randy and Candy.
ZedEx48K

Post by ZedEx48K »

ninn wrote:i can not follow.

do you want to repaint it completely or repair chipped of paint? :eh:
For the former: Get yourself a color chart .
For the later: give someone else a color chart.

:awe:
ZedEx48K wrote:Was wondering if anyone knew of the original or likewise colours
that question means a colour chart was never needed, cools got it.
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

Appliance white as cools said.

If you decide to do the leg covers, The paint i used for the hoofs & leg hooks was Halfords own brand Vauxhall Astro Silver metalic spray paint. The item code is 453498 then I used a matt lacquer to finish. It's a perfect match so should be perfect for leg covers too. I didn't paint the leg covers on mine as I'll be stripping, lacquering and applying NNC art to them.
ZedEx48K

Post by ZedEx48K »

Paulie wrote:Appliance white as cools said.

If you decide to do the leg covers, The paint i used for the hoofs & leg hooks was Halfords own brand Vauxhall Astro Silver metalic spray paint. The item code is 453498 then I used a matt lacquer to finish. It's a perfect match so should be perfect for leg covers too. I didn't paint the leg covers on mine as I'll be stripping, lacquering and applying NNC art to them.
Cheers, did you prime first or spray white then lacq, or all 3? I ask as I don't want it to become too thick and ruin the definition like some I've seen.
Paulie
Opens wallet, moths fly out
eBay: retro-paulie
Initials: PSG

Post by Paulie »

You must key, degrease and prime then use a very fine grade wet and dry on the primer to get a perfect finish then degrease again before applying any paint. Depending what parts you are painting and the condition, you may want to take the paint right back.

When spraying you need to apply very, very fine coats leaving it to dry fully between coats. Also you need the area to be completely dust fee.

If its your first attempt at spraying something then try your technique out on some scrap metal etc as some people say they find it difficult/ impossible to get a good finish. So you may find that respraying is not for you, and decide to go down the cleaning/ touching up route.

T-cut is also a great to get that shine.
ZedEx48K

Post by ZedEx48K »

I'm ok at spraying, but I can get very impatient too, which is where I normally come afoul, I should come and have a look at yours since you are just up the road from me (I'm in Kirkheaton) :P and then get you to do mine :lol:

I'm not too bothered about being pristine, I like some age on my cabs, it's more the grubbyness/yellowing bothering me along with the plastic on these cabs is the type that can get brittle, so will help to shield it.
RGB
Initials: RGB

Post by RGB »

Necrobump. I stripped the paint off of a few parts of my NUC years ago and don't have any reference for colors. Does anybody know what color would work best for the speaker grills? Thanks!