DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou Rinne Tensei M2 ShotTriggers PS4

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
NASguy

DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou Rinne Tensei M2 ShotTriggers PS4

Post by NASguy »

Will you cop?

Seems like playasia is already sold out, not sure if this is getting a huge print run but seems like storefronts are only getting a certain number allocated for preorders.

When I saw it even has Black Label I felt the fomo and had to grab. It will also be digital but where's the fun in that :awe:
gray117

Re: DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou Rinne Tensei M2 ShotTriggers PS4

Post by gray117 »

Yes probably because, you know, it is basically the best game ever.

Have they announced any super edition with bits?

Not sure how much I need another disc of this game but some cool extras/interviews could certainly get me pre-ordering, and you got to appreciate them putting it out in any format for anyone who doesn't own some copy somewhere.

Besides which just kind of curious what m2 magic might appear... They really do great work. Tbh I'd really like an m2 dev diary, even if they can't put together some kind of cave retrospective...
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

Yes there is one with a bunch of cardboard tat, a pin and a soundtrack CD (seems to be the remastered stereo from the PCB), costs 20 more than standard. I'm not sure what the arrange track will be on this port or if there will be one. I just grabbed the standard set. Also many places have an exclusive first press tat item (sticker/booklet) if you preorder, amazon, cdjapan, playsia etc. Seems to be selling well playasia is already sold out of both.

I had to grab since it's essentially white label/black label and the new M2 modes, crazy value, wish they could add the X mode from 360 but doubtful they rebuilt that.
gray117

Post by gray117 »

Yeah... Doesn't quite feel the same love as the Garegga box, but yeah I'll probably cave... Ahem...

More interested in the guidebook/interview book featuring more of the art since i won't be able to read it directly. Shame the suggestion is old interviews only but we'll see; eitherway hopefully a shmuplations answer will enlighten us.

The new art is kind of cool but I'd hope to see the original box and flyer designs feature prominently. It'd be unfortunate if that's a rights issue.
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

CD Japan still has a handful of preorder copies left for the Switch and PS4 versions, seems like Amazon is even sold out now, if you want this on release and don't want to wait till next year for restock this may be the best option.

I plan to be sipping hot chocolate on those cold Christmas nights score attacking this beauty.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Codiene
eBay: ebayID
Initials: AAS

Post by Codiene »

NASguy wrote: October 21st, 2023, 2:10 pm CD Japan still has a handful of preorder copies left for the Switch and PS4 versions, seems like Amazon is even sold out now, if you want this on release and don't want to wait till next year for restock this may be the best option.
@NASguy Thanks for the heads up on CD Japan I managed to snag a copy :D

Thought I wouldn’t be able to get one as everywhere else had sold out their preorder allocations.
buffi

Post by buffi »

I still see it available on Amazon?

SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

I have preordered the tat version, after promising myself I will stop buying such things as they just sit in the cupboard. Two weeks to see if I come to my senses and cancel in favour of digital at half the price.
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

It's finally here:

Poor Boy Edition but came with day one bonus so more like Poor Boy+. Bonus is color level play/guide and decal sticker for my Huffy bike to get more girls if I go outside. You can reverse the cover for the PS2 art.

Anyone on leaderboards? Drop the PSN
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

That new cover artwork is dope. How are the M2 modes and loading times?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

I bailed on the tat and downloaded it. And still haven't played it yet. I just need to know it's there on my PS5, gathering dust with the others.
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

yosai wrote: December 13th, 2023, 9:45 am That new cover artwork is dope. How are the M2 modes and loading times?
They split the arrange mode into 3 arrange modes one for each character exclusively, I think Shotia's seems the easiest you have a constant hyper and only one shot button no other functions. The third doll EX mode seems the hardest lots of bullets and you can cancel everything killing certain big enemies. I messed around with the pad only so far but game plays smooth as butter, has old music, remastered stereo music and arrange track with a bunch of different composers. Seems like their best disc yet, running 25% scanlines on LG oled in the dot for dot mode looks almost perfect. You can play white label, black label and DDPIII which I don't know wtf that even is tbh, seems like some matsuri type version of the base game. Crazy value here.

I never notice any loads in these M2 ports this one is lightning fast especially compared to the awful 360 port loads :lol: Install size of this is only 800MB there was an instant patch when I installed.

Something cool in this port:
"ver.2002" and "ver.2023" visual modes, will give you the option of replacing the original doll select, stage-clear and ending illustrations with all-new illustrations drawn by original illustrators/designers Junya Inoue and Shohei Satoh
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

Game was patched a couple times, the visible hit box works in all the modes now.

PS4 version: 2 frames of lag
Switch: 3 frames
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Post by cRacKh0rN »

Downloaded and played a bit. Not clear how you change to the new alternative music? All modes seem fixed on arcade ost?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

cRacKh0rN wrote: January 10th, 2024, 11:58 pm Downloaded and played a bit. Not clear how you change to the new alternative music? All modes seem fixed on arcade ost?
Press square on the menu where you select the game mode IIRC.
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

You can even set which music you prefer for each individual mode, as with all these M2 ports. They also put in a patch so the hitbox and new portraits should work for all modes now.
cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN »

SuperPang wrote: January 11th, 2024, 12:53 pm
cRacKh0rN wrote: January 10th, 2024, 11:58 pm Downloaded and played a bit. Not clear how you change to the new alternative music? All modes seem fixed on arcade ost?
Press square on the menu where you select the game mode IIRC.
This was spot on. Cheers 🍻
cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN »

NASguy wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 2:32 am Game was patched a couple times, the visible hit box works in all the modes now.

PS4 version: 2 frames of lag
Switch: 3 frames
Visible hitbox is something you can enable?
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

Ketsui and Esprade have it too, I think it's "other settings" 8th option down set it to "on." I got addicted to seeing the hitbox from games like DFK so now I always turn it on, feels like cheating but w/e. Would love a Progear port where you can see the hitbox not that I need it in that game it's like a pinhead.