Taito System246 driving JVS IO board

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
eoinzy
eBay: eoinzy_dub24

Taito System246 driving JVS IO board

Post by eoinzy »

Hi,

I'm looking on the AO wiki page at the JVS IO boards and see some missing info. See here: https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Namco_Sy ... I/O_Boards
It states:
Taito Driving I/O is an unknown model (Please update) PCB required for Taito's Battle Gear 3 and Battle Gear 3: Tuned games, providing driving interface and custom card reader functionality for the "key" cards as required by the games.
So I'm interested in the boards for Battle Gear 3, as I have this twin cab and want to restore it. It was meant to be a lockdown project but life got in the way and it was put on the backburner until now! Currently I have some broken JVS IO boards (and 1 working) but can't source replacements.

The one I has the serial number J9100556A and underneath says K91X0951A (see images below).

It looks similar to the SEGA 837-13551-92, which apparently has a newer model with serial 837-14572.

So in terms of the wiki, is it correct to say that it can be updated to mention the above serial numbers? Or am I looking at the wrong section?
Secondly, can anyone confirm that the other mentioned SEGA IO boards are compatible, as I think I might have better luck sourcing them.

Ultimately, I'd like to get the cab restored to fully working, and the last piece of the puzzle are the I/O boards. I think other people probably gave up and just "MAME'd" it, as there's not a lot of info online.

I'd appreciate any help here from anyone who knows about this sort of thing.

Thanks

jvs_io.jpg
jvs_io2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.